David Fuller was born and raised in Brighton. He studied at Brighton Primary School, Brighton High School, and the University of Melbourne. Since completing Dentistry, he has served as a dental officer in the RAN, completed further studies in the UK, and practised here and abroad as a general dentist. After more than 12 years experience as a general dentist, he returned to the University of Melbourne to study Orthodontics.
He established his orthodontic practice in Brighton in 1986.
He was a Clinical Senior Lecturer at the University of Melbourne for ten years and is a member of the following bodies:
- Australian Dental Association
- Australasian Orthodontic Board
- Australian Society of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- International College of Dentists
- Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- World Federation of Orthodontists
He lives in Brighton with his wife, dogs, cats, chooks, and three grown-up children all of whom come and go.